Secret Ways to Find A Good Contractor
Whether it’s for roofing, siding, windows, that new kitchen, or something else, choosing a contractor is never easy. Looking at reviews and talking to past customers are always good things to do. However, this month we’re sharing some “secret ways” to determine whether a contractor is a good choice.
Please consider the following when talking to potential contractors for your home:
- Does their demeanor indicate that they are there to benefit you by solving your problems, or that they are there to benefit themselves by getting the contract?
- Have they shown as much willingness to invest in you as they are asking you to invest in them?
- Has the salesperson shared why he does what he does? Does he seem committed to his work, or just like it’s a job?
- Has the contractor explained, specifically, what makes them different from other contractors?
- Have they shown you a formal presentation that proves their professionalism, expertise, and commitment to their craft?
- Does your gut tell you that this is someone you like and would enjoy a business relationship with?
- Has the salesperson shared stories which prove that they and their company have deep ties to your community, and won’t disappear after the job is done?
- Have they properly explained the sales process to you, and asked for your permission each step of the way? Have you been in control of the process or felt like you were being pushed and forced?
- Have they exhibited clear expertise and proper training in the contracting area you’re discussing or have they been more like “Oh yeah, we can do that, too.”
- Have they told you about the others in their company with whom you will be working? Do you know anything at all about the crew members who will be at your home?
- Have they given you a written and signed pledge indicating what you can expect from them? Do you have their cell phone number as well as instructions to call them at any time?
- Have they exhibited longevity and financial stability? Have they shown you proof of proper licensing, insurance, and training/education?
Please, do your research and make your decisions carefully. The contractor you choose will be the one to make or break a successful project. They will be the one to give you a workmanship warranty. And you will be “living with” their crews while the work is completed; you must be comfortable with them.
Choosing the right contractor is far more important than choosing the right product or finding the “right” price.
Good luck. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-543-8938 whenever we can be of service. And, when choosing a roofing product, please consider the Classic Difference.
Want To Keep Tabs On Us?
Buying a new roof is a big decision and we know you will be doing your research. If you're still in the early stages and just want to keep in contact with us, sign up for our monthly email newsletter. Over 50,000 homeowners subscribe to our newsletter for its fun and informative content on home maintenance. Plus it's a great way to stay in touch!