Environmentally Friendly Roof: The Classic Solution
Why is a Classic Metal Roof the most environmentally friendly roof you can buy?
Just take a look at these environmental benefits:
- Made from quality, up to 99% recycled aluminum, the majority of which is post-consumer.
- Minimal carbon footprint, unlike traditional shingles
- Special Kynar 500® and Hylar 5000® PVDF resin-based finishes reflect radiant heat
- Cuts energy costs by up to 20%
- Reduces attic temperatures by up to 34%
- Integral “dead” airspace blocks heat transfer by conduction
- The lower cooling load can extend air conditioner life
- Integrates with most photovoltaic solar collection systems
- The low weight allows installation over most existing roofs
- Eliminates the need for landfill disposal of old roofing
- Low weight minimizes transportation cost
- Long-life sustainability
- Aluminum products can be repainted but will likely never need to be replaced
- Low weight roofing can extend a building’s life
- 100% recyclable if it is ever replaced
- Very low “Embodied Energy”
- Virtually zero out-gassing
Kynar 500® is a registered trademark belonging to Arkema Inc.
Hylar 5000® is a registered trademark belonging to Solvay