20 New Classic Metal Roofs for Santa’s Old Workshops
Our metal roofing products were recently chosen to replace twenty roofs at Santa’s Workshop in North Pole, Colorado. This generations-old vacation spot is near Colorado Springs at the base of the highway that leads to the top of Pikes Peak. The environment there is punishing with frequent hail, wind, snow, and ice storms.
As a part of this project, we are replacing roofs that were damaged in one of Colorado’s most severe hail storms on record this past summer. The existing roofs were aluminum shingles manufactured by one of our predecessors. These roofs have done exceptionally well in the harsh climate. The property owners estimate the roofs to be 60 years old though we believe that 55 years is probably more accurate.
As we replaced these roofs, it occurred to us that, despite the great performance of these old products, the aluminum shingle roofing systems we manufacture today have had many improvements and enhancements brought on by technology.
Let’s take a look at product improvement since 1964 available in our new metal roofs:
- First, product designs have changed. The original metal shingles on Santa’s Workshop were fairly simple, without a lot of detail. The new product being installed is our Rustic Shingle which has the authentic look of wood shakes, with heavy texturing and deep grooves that also provide strength and resiliency.
- Next, we now have optional high-density foam inserts available that provide great strength to the panels for areas of these roofs that might be walked to update signage or replace light bulbs on the roofs.
- Perhaps the biggest change has been in the paint finishes we use today. We use only PVDF coatings which are well known in the industry for their fade and chalk resistance. They will maintain a fresh look for many years into the future. These are far superior to the original finishes on these roofs.
- We have also improved the gable trim that is used on the edges of the roof, developing an improved system designed to withstand sliding ice and snow.
- And, finally, our metal roofs now have an open, self-cleaning valley system that will not clog with tree leaves, pine needles, ice, or snow. This valley system carries water on top of the roof rather than in hidden channels beneath the roof’s surface.
Santa Knows Best
We figure that Santa knows roofs pretty well, so it’s been an honor to be chosen for his new roofs. You can learn more about the products installed on Santa’s Workshop at North Pole, Colorado by visiting us at Classic Metal Roofing Systems.