A Dozen Unique Ways to Prepare for Spring
Here are 12 unique ways to prepare for spring. We’re not sure about you, but here in Ohio, we really have spring fever. So, here are easy, unique things we can all do to make the most of the upcoming season.
So, let’s spring right into that unique dozen we promised:
- Out with the old! No, we’re not talking about your spouse or that oldest child who “temporarily” moved back into their room four and a half years ago. What we are talking about is getting rid of some of the clutter and things you don’t use any more. Consider selling those unused things to folks you already know with a simple posting on Facebook – what a quick and easy way to get some extra cash for a spring getaway (see Unique Way #9 below)!
- Connect with nature. Watch for that first warm day, and be purposeful about spending some time outside. Nothing can be more restorative than getting outside on a sunny day after a cold, gray winter.
- Put together a warm weather playlist or radio station. Use Pandora, Spotify, or another music service to create a playlist of your favorite songs that remind you of a bright, spring day. Think of songs like “California Dreamin” by the Mamas and the Papas, “American Pie” by Don Mclean, “I Can See Clearly Now” by Johnny Nash, and “Horse With No Name” by America. Or, create your own warm weather radio; Pandora has a St. Patrick’s Day station and you can choose your own favorite decade station on Spotify. Pull together your favorite tunes and enjoy!
- Prepare for allergies! Remember that allergy pill you take each summer and fall and stop taking in the winter? Be proactive and start taking it before spring allergies flare up. Save yourself a sinus infection and a trip to the doctor by being proactive.
- Plan your annuals. Too many years, we make a hurried trip to the greenhouse on Saturday morning, grab some plants that are pretty, and plant our annual flowers that afternoon. Plus, we can never remember how many flowers to buy! For a change, spend some time planning things this year. Search online for beautiful gardens and plantings, then re-create them at your home.
- Start getting in shape. Let’s face it – we all put on a few pounds over the winter or at least lost some muscle tone. Start moving now before spring is here. Rebuilding your body now will allow you to get the most out of warmer temperatures when they do at last arrive!
- Order those tickets. Do you enjoy outdoor sporting and music events? How often do you see an event coming to your area but it’s sold out by the time you know about it, or remember it? Make your plans and buy your tickets now when you can still get good seats and make sure that you do not miss any of your favorite events. Or, consider buying a season pass that your can share with your friends and family to a local zoo, amusement park, or museum.
- Preserve your memories. Have you ever seen photos taken by others and wonder how they take such great images compared to yours? Spring and summer scenery and events make for great photograph opportunities. Take a class in Photography at your local community college and pick up on some pointers to make your photographs the envy of your friends! Or, if you have an artistic flare, take a painting class instead and create some beautiful landscape paintings once the weather warms.
- Plan weekend trips. Short getaway trips can be simple and inexpensive but amazingly rejuvenating. Make plans now for a couple of weekend trips, and plan out your itinerary including meals, hotels, and activities to not miss anything you’d like to see or do!
- Find your quiet spot. A hammock in the shade? A cozy rocking chair near the window? A window table at your favorite coffee house? The atmospheres we create have huge impact on how easy it is for us to relax. In today’s hectic world, we all need those places to get away. Plan now and create or identify a space that will be uniquely you and uniquely yours this spring.
- Graduations and weddings. Know someone who is graduating or getting married this spring? Create a special gift for them – perhaps something based upon a special memory you have of them. Or, if they are moving to a different town or school, plan a special welcome basket for them with their “new local” gifts and gift cards, tickets, or memberships.
- Buy a new roof! Okay, we couldn’t resist that one. However, if this is your year to buy a new roof for your home, we’d love the opportunity to talk with you about our products. Fact is, we’re expecting another record year for residential metal roofing, with thousands of homeowners choosing the beauty, energy efficiency, wind resistance, and overall durability of a Classic Metal Roof. Our products are available throughout North America (and beyond) but yet what we love the most is the opportunity to consult with individual homeowners to evaluate their roofing needs. Visit us on the web at www.classicmetalroofingsystems.com or call us at 1-800-543-8938 to begin discovering, today, if a metal roof is right for you and your home.
Think spring and make it a wonderful season!