Home Maintenance Resolutions
Happy New Year! At Classic Metal Roofing Systems, we hope that you and yours had a wonderful and safe holiday season with plenty of time for fun with those you care about. It seems that this is the time during which we all make resolutions. We thought it might be fun to look at a few home maintenance resolutions we could all strive for in 2013:
- Check and make sure that smoke, carbon monoxide, and radon detectors are all functioning properly.
- If you have to buy any new appliances in 2013, commit to buying appliances that are environmentally-friendly and, if possible, Made in the USA.
- Have furnace and air conditioning equipment checked for safety and peak performance.
- Look for ways to do “more with less”. Are there areas of your home which have collected unused clutter that can be cleaned up and turned into useable space?
- Strive to save energy. Get your whole family involved in saving electricity, water, and natural gas … little steps done consistently can add up!
- Review your “fire exit plan” with all members of your household. Things change over time. What might have seemed very easy and “common sense” ways to exit your family safely from your home in the event of an emergency may not be so easy any more. Look, too, for fire-safe products.
- Consider purchasing a home warranty to help protect you against unexpected costs. These are available even if you’ve owned your home for years!
And, finally, please allow us to be your partner in home maintenance. We have years of experience as a manufacturer of quality building products. We know at least a little bit about nearly everything and can usually provide you with great resources of information for any area of your home’s upkeep. Todd Miller, our company president and resident guru, is happy to address questions concerning roofing, ventilation, ice management, and other areas of home improvement. You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org and also visit his educational website at asktoddmiller.com.