July is for Family and Friends
We hope that your summer fun is in full swing and that you have been able to spend some great time with friends and family. It is hard to imagine that we are already past the halfway point in the year!
One of the many joys that summer brings is being able to be outdoors enjoying each others company with some simple but tasty food. We have come together to share some of our favorite recipes, and hope that they will be the cookout dish that people simply cannot get enough of.
Fresh Mango Salsa
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- ¼ large red onion, diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 squeeze of lime juice
- Combine the mango, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and avocado in a bowl and stir until combined. Season with sea salt.
Chili-Lime Chicken Kabobs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ¼ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves- cut into 1 ¼ inch pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Season with chili powder, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish with the sauce, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinade in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread the chicken onto skewers, and discard marinade.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken juices run clear.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 ¼ cups cold milk
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- Shaved white chocolate, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and confectioners sugar until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Gradually stir into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread 1-1/3 cups of crushed cookies into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Layer with half of the pudding mixture and half of the remaining cookies. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with shaved white chocolate if desired.
Also, don’t forgot to enjoy some ice cream, as July is National Ice Cream Month!
We hope that you have a great July. And, as always, if you have any roofing needs or questions, please call us at 1-800-543-8938, or email us. Additionally, our company president, Todd Miller, is available to answer your most tricky roofing and ventilation questions.